Sunday 22 January 2012

NOTD | O.P.I Wocka Wocka!

This evening I have a quick nail of the day post for you beauty babes. I have been sporting O.P.I's Wocka Wocka! from the Muppets Collection all weekend and I am in love with this deep rich shade of red. Its almost like a wine shade with a lovely gloss finish. As much as I am in love with this polish it has been driving me a little bit mad trying to capture the perfect picture of it for this post. My camera has not wanted to pick up its true representation at all. I was causally reading the Fabulous magazine that come along with yesterdays paper, and they had Wocka Wocka! polish as one of the nail colour recommendations, I had it on my nails at the time and the colours did not match. Clearly I am not the only can't quite capture how this polish looks in a picture. But believe me when I say it's simply Divine!


  
 I would say that this is the best representation of this polish. This was taken this evening with artificial lighting. The colour is showing a lovely red, but this shade of red is not like the one on my nails. The polish has more of a pinkish/purple tone to it and is much much darker than this. 


 This was taken in natural daylight, the colour here looks absolutely gorgeous and I would love to have a red colour like this in my collection. But honestly this picture just baffled me. I looked at this, then at my nails and this again and do not understand how the camera and natural light made the nail polish look a completely different colour. 


This one was taken with a flash and again it looks so different. It almost looks a bit pinky and I think that this is because the undertones of the polish are coming though here. But like I say this polish is way way way darker than this.

Trust me when I say girlies, I took so many pictures of this polish for you, in a variety of settings and I still couldn't get it right, have any of you had this problem with any of your NOTD posts? haha. I would recommend this polish to anyone who loves a pure deep red colour (almost slightly burgundy in some lights). However if you are unsure about it and if you were considering ordering it online then I would suggest you see in real life first as you might not get what your expecting. 

So a bit of a weird NOTD post for you guys, I know. But if I do manage to capture a true representation on this polish I will defiantly post if for you. Or if any of you have managed get your picture spot on I would love to see it.

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend 



Share:

4 comments

  1. I always have this problem with NOTD posts haha, some polishes just refuse to be captured in their true beauty :( We will take your word when you say that this shade is gorgeous though haha, I do love a deep red nail every now and again :)

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, its soooo frustrating! Wocka Wocka sounds lovely.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Frances: I'm glad I'm not the only one haha. its so frustrating. thanks hun xx

    @beenthere..: it is lovely hun x

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig