Wednesday 23 January 2013

Beautifully Bronzed in MAC Tempting




Hi beauties, hope your all well and are not too cold with all this snow around us. At the weekend I decided to take the plunge and sort out though all my makeup and give it a good clean up, anyone else like me and find it so hard to keep organised? Whilst sorting though my beloved eyeshadow's I cam across MAC 'Tempting', a little gem that I've neglected for way too long. Tempting has to be the most beautiful bronze shade I have ever come across and holds a special place in my heart as it was the first MAC eyeshadow I ever bought. The reason for neglecting it for so long, has not been because I had fallen out with this shadow. As you can see from the pictures I've more than hit pan on it and I've been trying to make it last as long as possible as I rarely get the opportunity to get myself to a MAC counter. 

Tempting has a 'lustre' finish, which I know is not to everyone liking due to them being prone to 'fall out', but 'Tempting' has the most amazing finish and problems with fall out have been next to none. The lustre finish gives it a sparkly effect once applied and blending it is a dream. I especially love how this shade gives you a little bit more than your average bronze eyeshadow as there are tiny flecks of gold glitter hidden within the shadow and I love how these really reflect when the light catches it. Don't be put off by the glitter beauties, you wont look like a disco ball once its on as the glitter bits are so finely milled that it gives a lovely shimmery finish to the shadow, which I love. Not only is Tempting one of those eyeshadow you look at and think 'my how stunning are you!' but its also extremely pigmented - my swatch above really doesn't do it justice (apologies).


I think I wore this eyeshadow though best part of last year and I found that it's perfect for creating a bronze smokey eye for a dramatic evening look - But equally it works perfectly for daytime, especially in the summer months. In the picture I have used 'Half Baked' from the UD Naked Palette, swept over the lid and used 'Tempting' for my crease colour, as you can see its a lovely look for the daytime too. If your wanting to create an evening look with 'Tempting' I've found that pairing it with the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in the shade 'On and On Bronze' (review here) creates a fantastic look that is sure to 'wow'.

I've decided I'm just going to give into temptation and use 'Tempting' as and when I like and I've missed this beauty way too much, and plus when it does run out, its just another excuse to get some more MAC goodies right? If you looking to get your hands on this you can find it directly from MAC's website here. If you love bronze shadow's as much as I do, then I would definitely recommend having a look at 'Tempting'. Have you been tempted by 'Tempting' ladies? I would love to know your thoughts.


Lot's of Love


Share:

20 comments

  1. So that's what the bottom of a MAC eyeshadow looks like, haha! This is a really gorgeous color and I see why you've used it up! You have 'tempted' me to take look out for this color next time I go out! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it is! Let me know if you get it lovely, would love to hear your thoughts too... Its just so pretty xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow your eyes look beautiful esp with this eyeshadow, love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! What eyeshadow primer do you use if any? And do you prefer MAC or urban decay eyeshadows? I recently found out that I have an urban decay palette that been hidden at the bottom of my makeup pile (I have organisation problems too) and I love them, especially half baked x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I normally use the UD Primer Potion, I've got it on in the above pictures, but I find that most MAC shadows last the day without a primer :) At the moment I am totally loving the UD eyeshadow's I am just loving the colour's and the application. I bet that was a lovely little find when you saw it at the bottom of your pile. I think we need to come up with a solution to our organisation problem xx

      Delete
  4. This was also one of my first MAC eyeshadows along with sable x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo this colour is beautiful. I'm working on filling my mac palette at the moment and was trying to stay away from more neutrals till I saw this!
    http://mapetiteinfini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to influence you Alicia haha. If you get it though you wont regret it I promise. I am the exact same when it comes to neutrals, I can never stay away from them, even when I try to be adventerious lol x

      Delete
  6. This is so gorgeous, I am definitely tempted by 'Tempting'

    Have a beautiful day

    http://britishrandomnesss.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks amazing on you! I wasn't sure with just the swatch, but when you wear it is looks stunning :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures... you've inspired me to wear more eyeliner, I'm usually too lazy to bother but it looks great on you so must try harder ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a simple and nice smoky eye look!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for payday. I am going to splash on MAC products. This eyeshadow is the top of my list :) I love the smokey eye effect too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this review! It is such a gorgeous colour, and the look you created is beautiful!!! xxxxx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig