Monday 11 May 2015

April Favourites | L'Oreal, Makeup Revolution & More ...


Hi guys! I can't believe we're well into May, I know I say this every month, but this year seems to be flying by. I'm a little late getting my monthly favourites post up, but throughout April I added a few new bits to my makeup collection that just had to make its way into this post. Also I rediscovered a few hidden gems which have made its way onto this post too. So if you want to find out what I've been loving recently, get comfy and keep on reading.


Last month I picked up the Sleek Contour and Blush palette which has always been a favourite amongst us beauty bloggers, but I was so late to the party and took my time in picking one up. I think as we get closer to summer, our makeup changes and for me its all about the contour and highlight. I find that I wear a lot less blush this time of year and go for the sun kissed bronzed look instead. I've been blown away by this palette and I've used it everyday since picking it up. The bronzer is so pigmented, not shimmery and blends beautifully. I find that it works amazingly at defining my cheekbones and the colour once blended is very subtle and natural looking. Paired with the highlight (in the middle) I can create the most gorgeous glowy skin... And of course I'm all about those cheekbones!! As for the highlight, I love ones that are a bit more golden, I find that they suit my skin tone a lot more, and the one in this palette is just perfect - It compliments the bronzer beautifully. I plan on getting a full review of this up very soon, so keep a look out for that.

Next up is the foundation that you've probably seen pop up on every beauty blog recently and that is the L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte foundation - I even reviewed this myself recently (here). This foundation is amazing and has quickly become a new favourite of mine. As someone who has oily to combination skin, I'm a big fan of foundations that keep shiny skin at bay and give a lovely full coverage matte finish. This foundation does exactly that and for a matte foundation its incredibly lightweight, I love it.


As your all aware by now, I'm a big fan of Makeup Revolution. If you've not tried their products yet I recommend you head over to their website pronto, you'll be in makeup heaven I promise you! I little while ago I was gifted one of the new I Heart Obsession Palettes in Pure Cult and because the colours in the palette are so perfect for this time of year, I've been reaching for it non stop. I did a full review of this palette if you would like to see swatches (here) and I promise you when I say that the quality of these shadows are next to none. I've been particularly loving the bonze and dusty pink shades, they are so pigmented and look so pretty once applied. This palette has everything I need to create the perfect daytime or evening look. Again this time of year I love makeup that gives me that summery sun kissed look and this palette helps me achieve that.

One item thats made its way on to this post is one that surprises me a little as I'm not a lip gloss kind of girl is the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipgloss in Pout, it's become a favourite of mine - It's so beautiful. If you're a regular reader of my blog, you may have noticed that most of the lipsticks I review mostly have a matte finish as thats what I prefer. So to love something so shiny as a lipgloss is saying something! This lipgloss for me is perfect. It's not sticky, feels so comfortable on my lips and just makes me feel really girly. The shade pout is such a sheer pastel pink shade and on its own doesn't really give your lips that much colour, but worn across my favourite nude and pale pink lipsticks, it looks stunning. I won't say too much more on this lipgloss as I'll be dedicating a post to it, but it's definitely one to pick up.


Along with my favourite 'pout' lipstick from Smashbox, I've also been loving a pencil liner which I've had in my collection for some time. By the way this paired with pout is one of my favourite lip combos right now. This lip lustre pencil from Mirabella in 'shy' is so gorgeous and is the perfect pink toned nude shade. I received this lip liner in a 'Love Me Beauty' box sometime ago and completely forgot about it. What I really love about this liner, other than the colour is that it's so creamy and feels so comfortable to apply. The product is really soft so it doesn't drag across your lips at all. I can actually wear this all over my lips and it actually feels quite hydrating. If 'Love Me Beauty' had not introduced me to Mirabella I would have never discovered this new favourite. I will definitely be looking to pick up some more of their lip liners.


Last but not least is an all time summer favourite of mine. I love my fake tan as some of you will know, but the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs takes tanning to a whole new level. Now this is not a new product, I've actually been using it for a few good years and have gone through cans of the stuff. As the name of this tan suggests, the product gives your skin an airbrushed look which is incredible - It's like makeup for your body. A few sprays of this on your legs, will make your pins look so smooth, flawless and hide any marks, bruises or unevenness. With the weather warming up and my pins making more of an appearance this tanner is an essential. Although it says to be used on legs on the bottle, it actually can be used everywhere on your body. I love using this on my arms also. Think of this like foundation for your skin - Amazing. 

So that's all my favourites this month, as you can see there is quite a few bits. I would love to know what you've been loving recently? Be sure to link your favourite posts in the comments below and I'll be sure to take a look.

Lots of Love



Share:

5 comments

  1. I rely on that Sally Hansen so much. Probably a bit too much!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that lip pencil!! Oh my god, sounds amazing.

    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that foundation at the moment, it's amaaazing.

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig