Wednesday 16 December 2015

Blogmas Day 16 - The Best Festive Nail Polishes


When it comes to painting my nails around Christmas time, the big question for me is always festive reds or something glittery? Sometimes I get so indecisive about which of the two I want on my nails that I go for both. It really is the only time of year that I feel like I can go to town of glitter nail polish, I just love everything that sparkles! With so many nail colours to choose from and so many brands offering something super sparkly and festive I thought I would put together a selection of my favourite Christmas nail polishes for you. 

The obvious nail colour choice to wear on my nails is always a bright cheerful Christmas red. I just love wearing that classic 'Santa Clause' red on my nails, for me it just screams Christmas! One of my faves is the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish in Rouge Poppy. Not only is the colour of this polish very festive, but I love the formulation and application of these nail polishes from Bourjois; They glide on really easy and dry in a matter of seconds which is just what you need when your like me and don't have the patience to let your nails dry!


Another red which is also a favourite of mine at this time of year is from O.P.I and is actually from one of their Christmas collections a few years ago. Mine is actually on its lasts legs as its only a mini and its had a lot of love from me over the years. I think the shade is called Meep-Meep-Meep from the 2011 Muppets Christmas Collection (I told you it was an oldie!). I love this deep winter berry red so much because it matches so many of my winter lipsticks. I also love how it has a subtle fuchsia tone to it also.


A few years ago I was a big fan of bold bright nail polishes, pretty much all year round. But this year I've found that I love wearing delicate pastels and soft baby colours on my nails. One colour that I've worn non stop this year and am still loving now is white nails. I don't know why, but I just think white nails make my look put together and polished. I love Barry M nail polishes and love their classic 'matte white' shade. However this year I've made my white nails feel a little more festive. I am obsessed with Models Own 'Snowflakes' it literally looks like you've sprinkled snowflakes on your nails and I just think it makes your nails look so pretty and festive. The glitter is iridescent so it really catches the light beautifully. I think I'll be wearing this in the run up to Christmas. 


Stepping away from the classic Christmas red shades, I also love wearing a really bright bold blue on my nails this time of year. Even though a blue is not your typical Christmas colour, I find that the shade really works and looks gorgeous on. I particularly love Nails Inc in Baker Street, its just a really bright electric blue that really makes my manicure stand out. As it is Christmas adding a glitter compulsory and again I love Models Own for their glitter polishes. The one that I've been layering over Baker Street is Models Own Ibiza Mix which is just a mixture of chunky glitters put together. This is the nail polish for those party nights!

It was difficult choosing just a few polishes to narrow down for this post as I have so many festive faves, but these are my top picks right now. I would love to know what your favourite nail polish to wear is this time of year, let me know in the comments.

Lots of Love


Share:

1 comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig