Wednesday 24 February 2016

PREGNANCY UPDATE - WEEK 36



Last Friday I hit the 36 week mark, which means I technically only have 4 weeks until little mans due date. Even less than that now as I'm actually 36 weeks and a half. I really can't believe that I'm near the end of my pregnancy now, these last few weeks seem to be flying by! I have to say I'm really excited though, to think that in a few weeks time I will have my little boy here and instead of myself and James just being a couple, we will then be a family. Family is everything to me and I feel that this pregnancy has brought so many people together which has just been so lovely and a little overwhelming all at the same time.

In terms of how I'm feeling, I'll be honest with you,  I'm really struggling now. Even though I've had a smooth pregnancy I have to say I've generally found the whole thing quite difficult; Even more so now it's coming to an end. It feels as though my whole body is just being put under so much strain physically and really theres not a lot that I can do about it. Every movement and simple everyday things feel like such a mission. Even sitting or laying down is uncomfortable and sometimes I find myself getting really frustrated. Even though I long for sleep, bed times are definitely the worst, I actually dread them sometimes because I know that more than likely I'm in for a rough night.

For instance I woke up at 4.30 this morning and was wide awake with heartburn until 7.30. Even though I do have the luxury of staying in bed all day (yes that's right I've started maternity leave.... AMAZING) my busy mind is just wanting to fall back asleep as soon as possible. I suppose all of this is just my bodies way of preparing for little mans arrival. I'm hoping he will be good sleeper, but you never know with all the horror stories you hear from other mums about being up through all hours of the night. 

One thing that I really love though he feeling him move around, I know he's been doing this for weeks now, but as we get closer it somehow feels a lot more special. I guess its just the bond between us is just constantly growing and I love it. I find that he responds a lot to me and whenever he moves and I rub my tummy where he's just kicked and I'll I feel another movement from him in a matter of seconds and this can keep on going for a few minutes which has just been my favourite thing this entire pregnancy. 

How far along? Today I am 36 weeks and 5 days.

Movement? This little man is a fidget bum, he is always on the move. My midwife told me last week that he's practically doing the splits in my tummy, the way his legs are positioned, which means he's taking after his mummy!

Food cravings? I've been wanting to eat a lot of fruit this last week or so, melon in particular; I just find it so refreshing. I'm also still obsessed with sparkling water, like I honestly can't get enough of it.

Sleep? It's amazing that I've been able to nap as and when I want now, but in terms of sleeping the whole night through... I can't remember what that even feels like.

Symptoms? This weeks not been too bad, although I've been suffering with heartburn quite a bit which is just nasty. However I've found that having an Actimel first thing in the morning does a great job at preventing it thought the day. 

Stretch Marks? I still don't have any and I'm very much keeping my fingers crossed that it says this way.

Belly button in or out? It's very much popped all the way out now. 

Looking Forward to? I just can't wait to meet him now. These last few weeks I'm finding things really hard and I'm just so uncomfortable no matter what position I put my body in. Although the thought of labour is terrifying me, I just can't wait to get on with it so I can finally meet my baby. 

I just can't believe the end is nearly insight now and really I'll only have a few pregnancy update posts to get up which kind of makes me sad. Although I am thinking about typing some posts up that I've learned and found out whilst I've been pregnant and I'm also planning on sharing my delivery story with you all. If there is anything you would like to see baby related please let me know in the comments.

Lots of Love


Share:

2 comments

  1. you look wonderful! this is so exciting, get lots of sleep before he arrives even if it's in nap form ;)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, you're so close now, such an exciting time! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig