Wednesday 25 May 2016

Gaining Instagram Followers and a BIG Rant About It All



There's one thing that I equally love and hate at the same time and that's Instagram! Now I know the hate word shouldn't come into it, especially as it's something I do for fun but it really does frustrate me. I think it's fair to say that every blogger has an Instagram account (if not then how have you gotten by?) and I'm pretty confident in saying that there are loads of you in the same boat as me and find it a complete nightmare - Let me explain why...

The thing that really winds me up is trying to grow an audience on there. If you were to take a look at my account you may think having 2700 followers is a respectable amount. Don't get me wrong I'm so grateful for every follower that I have but I find it really disheartening that on so many occasions I loose as many followers as I gain and the worst part of this is that I try my best and put so much effort into the content that I'm putting out there.

I know some of you maybe thinking that followers are not the be all and end all, but let's face it some of the top bloggers that have followers in the tens of thousands get some pretty amazing opportunities their way and clearly having a larger following has a lot of perks, rewards and benefits. Before you question it please don't take my moan for jealously. I think it's amazing what some bloggers have achieved and I take my beauty blogging hat off and solute them all. I'm all for supporting one another. I know these girls put so much effort into their accounts and it's obviously working for them and paying off. However I see so many other accounts that have just as good or if not better content that just don't have anywhere as near of a following, and I just don't get why? 


I'm not saying my content is the best, or I deserve a lot more followers, but I do put everything into my account and it just seems to get me no where! When I say I've put my all in I really have. I've watched videos on editing, checked my analytics on when the best time to post is. I've even spent countless hours commenting and liking other photos which to my surprise losses me followers? I just don't get it. I almost feel that Instagram is a little game of luck and actually getting noticed is just by chance, not because of great content. It also really doesn't help that Instagram pushes and plugs these big accounts and those with a small following get pushed aside. It really is a nightmare.

I just find the whole thing really frustrating, but I'm not going to give up or go down without a fight. I'm pretty confident that as long as I continue to blog I will continue to use Instagram and like I said I do actually love the app - posting pictures is so much fun. However I feel like us beauty bloggers can make some small changes that can help to make a difference. In the past I was really lazy and never really checking the accounts of those who followed me. Now if someone follows me I take a time to look at their account and if I like what I see, I like, comment and give them a nice follow. I think it's really important for all of us big or small blogger to make a little more effort.


I think we're all mentally moaning about our Instagram accounts, but I think supporting one another more will definitely help us to see some changes. Theres not really much more I can do to make a difference to my own account but to keep on working my hardest at it. But in the mean time I've made a promise to myself to make more of an effort with everyone else and sharing the love feels really good. I think if I follow a new blog then I really need to make the effort to look at their other social media accounts as I'll probably love those too.

I would love to know what your thoughts are on this? If you feel the same please let me know in the comments so I know I'm not alone. Also leave me your Instagram names and I'll go and take a look - You can find me at sunshinesprkle if you would like to have a look through my feed. 

What are your top Instagram tips?


Share:

7 comments

  1. This is my life at the moment I lost 26 followers this morning alone I will gain like 30 loose 31 it's like why! I only follow people who's accounts I like ... your's of course being one but this is really making me annoyed! Like you say I too put a lot of thought and effort into my IG and people get lots of opportunities from it I just don't get why people follow just to unfollow.

    Here is my rant :)
    Kenzie xx

    www.lemonaidlies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my followers I know personally so never have the issue of loosing people or gaining. I gain by having people like you that I like their blogs and or youtuber's. Love how it can open so many doors to so many great people and products, also I love meeting new people it's a great way to do so. The only thing that sucks is I have to keep my profile private, because I work with children and it's just a safety protocol. I loved this post it was great and thanks for sharing !!!





    Katie | https://ktmcgworld.blogspot.ca

    my IG : ktmcg3

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. Why follow me if you're only go to unfollow in the next 10 mins? instagram is tough to figure out for sure!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I've just gone and followed you, your account is lovely haha. :)
    But yes, Instagram is SO fristrating! There's literally no rhyme or reason to it, and I get the exact same with losing as many followers as I'm gaining. I've just been away on a press trip and posted loads of nice travel photos and managed to gain a net total of 2, what with all the unfollows. So confusing trying to figure out what people have actually done to gain the 5 or 6 figure followings, but I guess it's a snowball effect once you're past a certain point. What a nightmare haha.
    Rest assured that some of us are happy to have found your feed. :)
    lily kate x
    jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig