Wednesday 16 May 2018

April Beauty Favourites


Can you remember the last time I got up a favourites post? Nope nor can I and I kind of feel like one is long overdue! I don't know why I don't try and make them more of a monthly feature as it feels like my makeup bag is constantly switching and changing around, especially now that spring is in full force, I pretty much have a whole new makeup bag. Today I've narrowed things down and picked out my stand out above the rest favourites for you...

Becca Champagne Pop;

When it comes to highlighter, theres one that I always reach for time and time again and if I had to pick just one highlighter to use for the rest of my life, it would 100% be Champagne Pop by Becca. I love the golden tones to this highlight, its so pretty on and I can always guarantee the most perfect glow whenever I use this. Usually I would be showing this off in all its glory in my photos, but Archie managed to get his little mitts on it the other day and the whole thing is completely smashed up, I'm devastated. To be fair it was kind of on its last legs and I was just about to hit pan, so I definitely need to get another one on order pronto. I just can't be without this highlighter in my life! As we've been having really sunny weather, I've also been wearing Champagne Pop on my shoulders and on my collar bone for that extra bit of summer glow.

Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer;

I was so excited to try the Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer, but whenever I popped in to my local Superdrug it was always sold out. However a little over a month ago they had one in stock and I just knew that I had to pick one at. Let me tell you now, I fell in love with this concealer from the first moment that I tried it. If you love concealer that provides full coverage and makes your eyes look really bright, then you will love this just as much as I do. I've been using this every time time that that I apply my makeup and the results are so flawless, I am so obsessed with this product and would even go as far to say it is the best concealer that I've ever tried. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Superdrug have more of these stocked as I've almost run out of mine and need to repurchase this pronto. If you would like to read my Full review of the Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define concealer, then you can read my full review here.

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream Shabby Chic;

Theres only one lipstick that I've been wearing non stop over the last month or so and that's the Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in Shabby Chic. This beautiful muted pink shade looks stunning on and has been perfect for spring, I love the way that it looks on and it seems to work well with every makeup look. It's nice to be wearing a lip colour that brightens up my complexion a little bit and makes me feel a little more fresh faced. I love the formulation of this liquid lipstick, its so long lasting and it super matte looking and most importantly it doesn't dry out my lips; Definitely one of the best liquid lipsticks that I've used and I'm looking to try a few more shades in the collection (full review here).

Soap & Glory Pillow Plump Lip Gloss;

Whilst I love a matte looking lip, I'm partial to adding a bit of gloss from time to time and I think this is the perfect time of year for gloss - It's very spring like. My go to one right now has been the Soap & Glory Pillow Plump on in the shade Nude In Town. I love wearing this on its own when I'm having a minimal makeup day or over a matte lipstick just so I get that really good colour payout. What I love most about this lip gloss is that it has that magic lip plumping effect and as I don't have the fullest natural lips, I need all the help I can get.

Benefit Ka Brow;

When it comes to brows I'm always swapping and changing around brow products in my makeup bag, I just love so many. Right now my current favourite its Benefit's Ka Brow pomade, I love how this looks on my brows, it just makes them look really sleek and polished. I find it really easy to apply and I love that the formula of this isn't to dry, which is often the case with these kinds of brow products. Long lasting brows is a must and I can trust my brows to stay put whenever I use this. Plus I adore the pretty packaging of this brow product, you can always rely on Benefit to get their packaging spot on.

Primark Nudes Cream Eyeshadow's;

One product that really surprised me last month was the two cream eyeshadows that I picked up from Primark. I picked these up on a whim, not sure if they would be any good as they only cost £2.00 each, but oh my gosh guys Primark's cream eyeshadows are my new favourite thing, they are like one of the best things ever. I picked up two shades, 'Whipped' a light mushroom toned nude and 'Viva Las Vegas' which is cool brown toned nude. These are so easy to apply, really pigmented and so long lasting. If you can still get your hands on these, I highly recommend you pick them up, I promise you'll love them just as much as me.

Makeup Revolution Chocolate Elixir Palette;

When it comes to eyeshadow, I've been reaching for this Chocolate Elixir palette from Makeup Revolution. I'm loving warm toned shadows right now, especially the more out there shades like cranberry red, champagne pinks and peachy corals and this palette has them all. I can easily create so many makeup looks with this palette and I love how easy these shadows are to work with. All of them are really pigmented, feel smooth and are easy to blend. Plus, I've heard that this palette is a great dupe for the ABH Modern Renaissance but a fraction of the price.

So there we have it, all my current beauty favourites. I would love to know what spring/summer makeup has made its way into your makeup bag?




Share:

1 comment

  1. I cannot get enough of that concealer, it is amazing and I'm already on my second one. Also, I NEED to try some primark beauty bits!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig